Monday, August 25, 2008

Appologies All Around

August 25, 2008 - You know that saying time flies? It seems it goes by in a heart beat. I have been remiss in publishing my blog for two weeks now. In fact, life has gotten so fast and exciting, that I almost completely forgot about this blog - as I am sure you have too.

Here is hoping that this isn't the first time you've read it, or worse, the only time that you have visited is in the past two weeks. Seriously, I'm not this irresponsible. What I indeed am is living a life that I forgot how to live. Seriously... I am working at with a new company that is so far out of my realm of knowledge that going to work each day is a little like going to kindergarten. I'm never sure what new toy I'm going to get to play with or what new thing I'm going to learn about. I have learned about fall arrest, ladder safety, union negotiation, 25,000 watt power safety, transformers, power collection shoes, tunnel construction, shunt straps, rack out and lock out of power breakers, feeder breakers, and all kinds of other things that I never knew I didn't know.

I haven't done much about this blog for other reasons as well. I have to attend safety meetings each morning at 7:30 am. Until this last week, I didn't know there WAS a 7:30 in the morning. Outside of work, I have found a few new distractions that have kept my evenings occupied - some of which are new to me, some are re-newed to me. And with all this going on - I was still anxious to fit in a bit of golf. Did I mention the new iPhone? Surely a phone shouldn't entertain so.

So all this to say, I am sorry. I am remiss, and I feel bad. I will make it up by attempting to be extraordinarily astute and funny for the next little while. I promise you that I am indeed sorry. Today is after all Kiss and Make Up Day. I am kissing and making up. Please forgive me.

If there was a way to turn back time and get the last two weeks back, I would surely have written more. The only one who may be capable of that would be the great Wizard of Oz. After all, I hear he is a wiz of a wiz, if ever a wiz there was. Yes, today is also Wizard of Oz Day. It premiered on this day in 1939. I am also sorry that Wizard of Oz is so dang hard to type. I beg your forgiveness dear backspace key. I didn't mean to pound on you so hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Add to Technorati Favorites