Monday, October 20, 2008

Time for an Oil Change?

Monday, October 20, 2008 - Maintaining the car isn't always high on my list. I put gas in it, it goes from point "A" to point "B" pretty much without much else in the way of intervention. Heck, half the time I don't remember even doing the driving. It's as though after you get in the car and point it to the destination, it gets there. I'm sure there is more to it than that, but hey... I'm still alive. Of course I've been called Crash for many many years.

But alas the car needs more than gas. It needs air for the tires, coolant for the coolant thingy, washer fluid for the windows, air filters for the air conditioning, and oil for the engine. If not for the little sticker on the inside of my window, I'd never remember to do the oil changes. Hell, I don't remember to send birthday to my mother and that's only once a year, never mind once every quarter. In keeping with my complete inability to remember when to get my oil changed, today was Oil Change Day, and lo and behold... I have the same oil in the car I had last month. We'll see if I can get that sorted soon. If not, I'll drown my sorrows in a vat of brandied fruit.

Brandied fruit is a funny thing. Take a nice piece of fruit, soak it perfectly good brandy and add them to a door stop of a cake called the Christmas Fruit Cake. The only thing about the entire process that is the brandy. But today is as good a day as any to dip a few pieces of apple into a snifter. It's Brandied Fruit Day and we are all supposed to eat 5 - 10 servings of fruit and veggies a day.


No comments:

Post a Comment


Add to Technorati Favorites