Sunday, July 27, 2008

What's Up, Doc?

July 27, 2008 - What's Up, Doc? Let me tell you what isn't up first. After a really good party, and everyone goes home, you are left with a few things that need to be dealt with. Empties. Many, many empties. These must be recycled. Dishes. There are always dishes no matter how much you try to do the environmentally UNfriendly disposable plates and cups. Garbage. There are bags of garbage to be gathered and taken out. I was counting on all of this.

What I wasn't counting on was Post Party Depression. After one of the best house parties I've ever had, and one of the best mixes of people I have ever put together, I am now home with my dog in the lull of the gathering. It is a little like a calm after a storm. Dim Sum didn't do it. A beverage with a friend didn't do it. Phone calls from many of the guests didn't do it. Listening to music isn't doing it either. So, Doc... What is up? I suppose the only thing that can cure this disease is another party. This weekend is Caribbean Festival in Vancouver. I'm going to guess that a bit of Reggae and some dancing is what Doc would order. Take two dances and a Red Stripe and call me in the morning.

Bugs Bunny may have said it best, but I wonder if he was counting on that answer? Infact, Bugs Bunny made his debut today in "A Wild Hare" in 1940. So today, on Bugs Bunny Day, ask "What's Up". Run from the Coyote, eat a carrot, and dance a bunny hop. Bugs would have it no other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Add to Technorati Favorites