Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My Horrorscope made me do it

July 23, 2008 - Horoscopes are a funny thing. There are people who believe each and every word of them, can tell you which astrologer is the most accurate, and who has a better chance at plotting your life. I am a Leo. According to all these experts and charts, a Leo is creative, generous and loyal with a little bit of ego, pride and arrogance. Apparently, Leos are on the hunt for new and exciting things, with a dramatic zest for life. Today is the Start of Leo Day on the zodiac. I don't know what that means for any other sign, but for Leos, is this the start of a great party?

Sadly, I hate to admit, but this pretty much describes me to a tee. I am loyal - sometimes to a fault. I have been told I am creative - but by "creative" a friend actually means disorganized. If you ask me, it is not so much disorganization, as it is a lack of time for the boring stuff. So if an astrologer can describe me so accurately and has never met me, why do I question the validity of horoscopes?

Yesterday, my horoscope suggested I should 'moderate my caffeine intake' and ensure that I didn't 'fly off the handle' when something messed up. Let's break this down shall we... If I LIMIT my caffeine intake... I will be unbearable and WILL 'fly off the handle'. Somehow, cutting back caffeine was supposed to make it easier to relax. Today, Leos will experience a huge spike in our creative writing skills, and it should be "a breeze adding some rhymes and witty stuff to your emails, text and voice". How about being the "go-to person when people are dying of boredom". Yup, this is going to be a busy day. I hope not too many people drop by today... I have a lot of running around to do.

The cosmic calendar suggests that because Mercury is somewhere in the sky and it's near Neptune, but that makes for cloudy, not clear thinking, but it will pass quickly because it moves along the nebulus at a rate of 2 degrees per day that there will be confusion and chaos especially related to communications and travel plans - but mostly in the morning, so give yourself extra time to get somewhere and don't go to Vegas until lunch time. Seriously... this is how people plan their lives? Sounds to me like what this is saying is "Hey, it is Wednesday morning, and the traffic might be a little slow. Grab a coffee and leave a little early in case your late". So about that list of errands I need to run today... should I just stay in bed until Noon and give Mercury and Neptune some time to kiss and make up?

I might be feeling creative today, but if I'm not back writing tomorrow, it is not my fault. Mercury made me do it.




No comments:

Post a Comment


Add to Technorati Favorites