Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Earth Day...

No way! Wasn't it just Earth Day? And if it really has been a year, where did mine go? I'm sure last year I promised to look after my self, my mother, and my earth. I haven't done any of it. So I was sitting in a coffee shop, drinking my second coffee from a disposable coffee cup, and I had a wave of guilt. (Maybe a bit of Scot's cheapness.... Starbucks was giving free coffee if you brought your own cup).

And a moment of question. Why is earth day only one day a year? Why do we focus on the planet for 24 hours and then carry on? What about International Talk Like a Pirate Day? Why is it only ok to talk this way for one day? What other days are there that are important enough to get a day, but not important enough to just be? What about the stuff that's important enough to get a month, or critical enough to get a year? So... I'm creating a list of all the days, the months and the years.

I wonder if they'll have any impact on me or on the people around me. Will anybody know what day it is?

No comments:

Post a Comment


Add to Technorati Favorites