Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Horrorscopes and New Moons


Tuesday, 20 July 2010 – My horoscope says that today I am concerned about “connections and communications of all kinds… writing, thoughts, letters, emails, phone calls and the mental process in general, and that close personal ties are a focal point for my feelings.” 1. I can see how this applies in my life, after all I’m about to have another birthday, where I get to get older and yet don’t get any smarter, or wiser, or more mature.  I have spent the better part of the last month in a funk about the connections and communications in my life, and what does it all mean as I continue to get older as a single girl in the big city.  I really am NOT getting any wiser.  I am definitely NOT more mature, and I am certainly NOT smarter than I was this time last year or even last decade.  Another horoscope’er says that “A new opportunity could come (my) way today. It might seem like a dream come true… check the facts carefully to make sure it’s as good as it seems.” 2 Wahoo…. Today I will be offered the job of Towel Girl for the Seattle Seahawks… and the keeper of the muscle rub.
These horoscopes are a funny thing. They are often just vague enough that they can apply to anyone.  Take for example the first horoscope.  Are we not all concerned about communication?   You check the mail to find that letter you were waiting for still isn’t there and you are concerned about it. The horoscope would fit.  You have been waiting for a phone call all afternoon.  You are concerned about a communication.  You have a spat with a friend, and you hope to spend some time talking it out, but you spend the afternoon worried about the argument.  Again, your relationship is the focal point of your feelings. 
I am certain that there is at least one thing in this horoscope that applies to every one of us in some way today. If you are single, you are concerned about your lack of relationship.  If you are not single, you will at some point today be concerned about your relationship (I wonder how much trouble I’ll be in if I don’t get home straight after work?).   The other horoscope basically says ‘caution… an offer could be too good to be true… do your research’.  This really fits everyone.  If an offer seems too good to be true, it just might be too good to be true.  That position I just got offered?  Its for the Old Timers game… former NFL’ers who are all past 60, with replaced knees and hips, a lot of extra pounds and I’m the one with the muscle rub.
A Leo is a sun sign and my element is fire.  Apparently that makes me fiery, self-assured and drawn to the heat.  Ok, I would buy the drawn to the heat part of the equation.  I have winter sweaters and summer sweaters.  The only real difference in the collections is the colour.  I am not a moon sign, and yet, I’m a night-owl who would be just as happy under the moonlight.  But I’m pretty sure I can make the characteristics of the moon signs fit who I am with just as much success.  Also, it’s probably a pretty safe bet that the moon sign’s horoscope is just as good a fit as the rest.
Today is Moon Day.  It was on today’s date that astronauts first went for a stroll on the surface of the moon.  I wonder what the horoscopes said on that day? How about this one:  There is great opportunity to explore somewhere you have never explored before. You will see things from a new perspective if you spend time contemplating the larger picture around you???  Not bad huh?  I could write these horoscopes.  Just need a few vague’alities and a few general’alities spiced up with a little wishful thinking’alities. 
Did I mention my horoscope also says I’m looking for a little romance this evening? Well no shit. There’s something else that applies to us all!


1.Leo horoscope on DailyHoroscopes.com for July 20   dailyhoroscopes.com
2 Horoscope.com version of the Leo horoscope for July 20  .http://my.horoscope.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment


Add to Technorati Favorites