Saturday, August 28, 2010

A short trip

Saturday, 28 August 2010 - Summer seems to go by at the speed of light. It was only a couple of weeks ago that the rainy spring was finally breaking and the sun was out to grace us with its presence. And then, lo and behold, the last week of August is about to appear, and I'm not sure I've even begun to appreciate summer.  I've worked a lot this past couple of months (no big change there huh?), and spent very little time out enjoying the warming rays. Here I sit, at the kitchen bar, laptop open, towel on my head, *thinking* about maybe sauntering out to enjoy a bit of Sol.

Hmmm  Sol......  isn't that a light refreshing beer?  Ok, change in plans.  I will saunter off to the closest patio, take my Kindle, and have a Sol in the Sol. I'm reading a book that is staged in Thailand in the sun and heat.  That is three checkmarks in the sunshine category.  Perhaps I will call a few bubbly friends with sunny dispositions and see what kind of revelry will ensue.  Isn't this what summer Saturdays are for?

Sadly, this will all take place in my head, as I will again be at work today.  I will spend my afternoon and evening sometimes above ground, but often times below ground.  One thing is for certain, there are many many other people out there soaking up the Sol while soaking in the Sol.  There will be many a beveraged buddy out there tonight to deal with. On the up side, I won't need to be there until late afternoon.

I will indeed saunter down the road, find a cafe, bring my kindle, and my dog and bask in the sunshine for a short while anyway.  I don't know where you might find yourself today, but where ever it is you go, be sure to take the slow road. Meander meaningfully, and enjoy Sauntering Day.  Take it easy.  There is only so much summer left and you had better take it in...  fall is around the corner and she takes you on a very short walk straight in to winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Add to Technorati Favorites