Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Pan, tilt, zoom, keyhole, focus......

Tuesday, 10 August 2010 - Things just taste twice as good in twos. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups - taste best in twos.  They are easier to share, and cuts the guilt in half. Twix... comes in two. Kit Kats come in fours... easy to share, and twice as good again. What about stuff that is so good that you just can't get enough?  You just want more and more and more.   Does three mores make a Smore or is that just wanting s'more? What is it in your life that makes you want s'more? It's Smores Day.  Life may not really be a box of chocolates, but a mixed bag of cookies.  Sometimes hard, sometimes soft and chewy, often full of nuts, occasionally full of frosting, and even better when full of marshmallow and chocolate, the cookies are the things in life you want, or need, or don't yet know what to do with....  the bites of life.

So what "cookies" do you want more of? For me, it's a good times with the important people in my life.  I want more good times, more experiences and just more.  I want more time with family.  I want more time with friends.  I want to spend more time living in the moment, and more freedom to do just that.

What do you want less of in your life?  For me, I want less time alone.  I want to tell less lies to myself. I want to admit that the things in life I have always said I didn't want were and are exactly the things I do. I want to work out a way to have a heart-to-heart with myself about this and come to some kind of agreement. After all, how hard can it be to talk to yourself about the things you want out of life?  I guess when you have waited this long to come to grips with it, and you face the possibility that it may be too late in life, you could be creating quite an argument with yourself.  I only hope I don't have to send me to the sofa for the night when we finally get around to having that conversation.

Life is a cruel game most times.  You spend time being who you think you need to be, only to find out it is neither who you need nor want to be. You spend time convincing yourself and others around you that you made the choices you did because dammit they were the right ones. In the end you manage to convince everyone, only the truth is, you are full of Smores. You are winning in life when what you want and what you project jive.  That's when not only do you want more, but you get more.  I fear that I have left this dance too long.  Perhaps if I can find the focus button I can get this projector working with better focus. First things first, I want more cookies in that box of life.  Add good friends, graham crackers, marshmallows, chocolate and a heat source, and you have more and more and more... Smores.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Add to Technorati Favorites