Monday, September 14, 2009

Positive Thinking? Oh Screw It!

Monday, September 14, 2009 - So yesterday was Positive Thinking Day. That doesn't have much to do with today, but it was enough to convince me yesterday that I could get on top of all the things on my to do list that continues to only grow. One of the things on that list was to open up this screen and get writing again. Well, yesterday I was feeling very positive about this. Now that I have a collection of keys with letters under my fingertips, I am reminded that that whole felling positive thing, ended at midnight.

This isn't the greatest start to my re-activated daily blog. Infact, this is so bad that I wouldn't be offended if I never wrote it again. The day that follows Positive Thinking Day is probably better named Oh Screw It Day. Maybe that is why today is actually Boss/Employee Exchange Day. Yesterday the boss was feeling pretty positive. Today... He's throwing in the towel and becoming a Pion again. I could swap out my job with my boss, but I don't know that I'd want the number of phone calls that entails. Besides, today was my first day off in a while, and yesterday I was so sure I was going to plow through that list. Turns out I answered work calls from 07:30 hrs, answered emails, and generally cleaned up a few things at work. I didn't exchange my job with the boss, but I did exchange my day off for a day of work. Does that count?

What I should have done this morning was shut the phone off, grab a coffee, a cream-filled donut, and a newspaper. Since yesterdays positive thoughts about getting to my to do list didn't pan out today... I should just say Oh Screw It and do nothing. Hey wait... now THAT would be like a Boss/Employee Exchange Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Add to Technorati Favorites